Monday, November 21, 2022

IDK pero aquí esta una carita feliz :) OH YA I GOT FIRST PLACE IN DIMOND IN DUO LINGO AND NOW I'M FELIZ - Manizales, Colombia

Hey everyone!!! How are you guys doing? I'm doing great :) I thought I'd write again because aja, why not. This week has been good, we've had some great lessons and found some people that really want to learn about the gosple, so thats allways good :)

On a sad note, we had to drop someone that we have been teaching for a while :( His life had been changed soooo much since he's leaned about the gosple and he knows that the Book of Mormon and the church is true, but he doesn't want to keep the commandments any more. We have been trying to help him these last couple of weeks but he just feels like his life has improved enough now and he doesn't need more. It's really hard when you have done everything you can but the people just don't want to choose to do the right. We told him we had to stop visiting him but that he was still welcome at church if he ever wanted to come. Hopfully in time his heart will soften and other missionarys will be able to help him continue in the covenant path.
On another less spiritual note... I finaly did what my Mom wanted me to do and bought some fruit and took videos/pictures! For those of you who don't know, Colombia is famoso for it's fruits. I have never seen so much fruit in my life like I have here. I've been here almost 16 months now and I still am discovering more fruit. Anyway, I'll put the link to the google photos/drive thingys at the end of the email, if I don't, remind me and I'll send another email. Yes.

What more, 
Im in Manizales like I said the last email I think. Here it is always cold and rains a lot. Like, a lot a lot. Like No. 2 in the world in rainfall if you trust what the members are saying. The temperatura in Colombia is weird becuase it is the same all year, but changes depending on your altitude. Where I'm at, it's always arround 55 - 64⁰ F, but In the coast, it is always arround 100 - 120⁰ F. All year. Honestly, I like the weather here more, than in the coast. At least here you can put on a sweater or a jacket. In the coast it's just sweat and drink lots of water. I do miss the food in the coast tho, nothing compares to the salchipapas in Planeta Rica. Exept tal vez la salvajada in Montería.

OK, I've got to go and buy food so I can eat this week, but I want to end sayinig that I know this church is true. If you have doubts, thats OK, just don't lose your faith. Study the scriptures, go to church, ask God for guidence, and go to church leaders for help. If you don't have any doubts, great! Keep on doing all of those things anyway. Thats how you grow and strenghten your testimonys! Stay on the Covenent Path, baptism isn't the end, it's the begining. PLEASE, help the missionaries, they are called to help in the work of the Lord for these 2 years or 18 months, but as members, the work is OURS TOO. Go out with them, talk to the people they are teaching, give them lots of food. Ok, the last one is kind of a joke, but not really, food is the best. In the end, if you love the Lord, and love his gosple, share it with thoes you love too. I've seen the blessings it brings to people, and it will bring that joy to your life, and with the people you share.

OK bye,
Elder Crenshaw :)

Thanks to Grandma-ma y Grandma Paula for the reminder to send the pictures jaja










I realized that I haven't sent the Google Photos albums since Buenos Aires so I'll just send all the links just in case...

Buenos Aires

Planeta Rica

Villa Hermosa

La Alhambra

I lost most of my photos from my first area (Calarcá) because someone robbed our phone :( but what I do have is in Google drive

Okey dokey that's it

No comments:

Post a Comment