Monday, May 8, 2023

Beginnings, Endings, and I'm famous now - Medellin, Colombia

Holaaaaaaaaa, como están? Hace rato no he escrito.

Again, like normal I have no clue what has happened since the last time I've written so I'll just write about something and hope that everyone is happy. If not, write me with your comments and or complaints and I'll try to resolve the issue in the next email I write, sea next week or some other random Pday. First off, Three weeks ago (yes I know I'm a bit late but ya fue) two cool things happened. Congrats to Hermana Graves, now Camie Graves for finishing her mission!!! She served in Chile Santiago for the last 18 months and finished with honor hace poco. Aaaanndd Congrats to Evan Crenshaw, my brother because he got his mission call to the Billings, Montana Mission!!! He will be leaving June 18th, one month and one day before I get back.

In other news, no clue if I've wrote a email since I got to Medellín, bit I'm in Medellín again! I'm in el Barrio Prado, there are 4 missionaries here and my companion se llama Elder Puma. This is our second transfer together. He's from Ecuador, 25 years old, and likes to drink mate. Mate is a drink from Argentina. It's kind of like a herbal tea but it's different, not sure how to describe it bit he drinks it alot. Like every day in the morning and night. It helps that we are also living with un argentino so they drink a lot of Mate. A lot a lot. I think it tastes like grass but ya fue jaja. 
We ate opening área here, for a while there weren't any missionaries in our area because there was a problem with visas and a lot of missionaries were reassigned, including Elder Puma.

Fun fact, I'm famoso now. The mission made a music video and I sang, link below.

But the work has been going really well. We have two people on date for Baptism the 20th and it's been cool to see how the Lord takes the work that we do and works miracles. We have seen soooo many miracles in these last few weeks especially. Random people showing up at church saying that they need to change their lives and follow Jesus, finding members that haven't come to church in over 5 years and seeing them come to church the next week, and soon much more. Another way we've seen the Lord's hand here in our area is through the adds the Church has in YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. Our area is in the center of Medellín, like literally Google Maps puts the word "Medellín" in our area, so EVERY TIME that someone responds to a add and puts their addres as Medellín, or as Antioquia (he departamento or state), or if Maps can't figure out the address, it sends the person to us. It's been amazing to see how many people, daily, are looking for help and want to learn more about God. Even though a lot don't actually live in our area, some live up to 6-8 hours away, we get to talk to them first and help them find missionaries closer to them so they can learn more. You never know who is ready and looking for help, it's just that they don't know how to find it. 

I've got to finnish up but I'm soooo happy for the time that I've spent serving the Lord, in the 10 weeks that I've got left I'm exited to keep helping everyone I meet to come unto Him and find the Joy that this gospel brings.

Love you guys and we'll see if I write next week lol. Cualquier pregunta, duda, chisme, chiste o reclamo me pueden escribir por interno y recibirán su respuesta... Eventualmente, tengan paciencia con el gringo con TDAH (Trastorno por Déficit de Atención e Hiperactividad) :)
Byeeeee

Elder Crenshaw :)

No comments:

Post a Comment